Sunday, January 14, 2018

Power and Spark Jan 2018 Challenge Too!

Okay, I was so inspired, I have another card for you all!
This time I used the second layout from Page Maps, the one with the big heart, as my template.


This time my image is a digital stamp called Pure Prairie Bouquet and it is a cropped version. I crop my images in Word and save them onto a jump drive so I always have them available to print out when I want. This one I printed out 3 copies so I could make the butterfly dimensional.


I'll admit, I have never colored up the entire image; only my cropped version, LOL! I guess I know what is on my future agenda!        
The clear acrylic version with a few other stamp images and sentiments can be found here. 

The whole butterfly-minus legs and antenna, were cut from a 2nd image, and then the front wing and body was cut from a 3rd image. The whole 2nd image -body and up through back side of front wing- was glued to the base image. This left the outer edge of the back wing loose and up from the bottom page. On the 3rd, top wing, only the body is glued and the wing has thin pop dot pieces underneath to lift it. I colored the edges of the white foam with a black marker to make it invisible. 


Sequin bling was added at the end with Galaxy Sequins by Lucy's Cards and this pack included the sparkling gems!!  Stripes were added onto this pink-mauve background paper with Versamark ink and a solid line stamp from my stash (Simon Says Stamp Jumbo Stripes). The MISTI was a life saver for this, much easier to line up and space evenly!! This piece was die cut with My Favorite Things Blueprints dies 13. 
The image panel was cut with Memory Box Stacking dies. I just put the frame size I wanted to use onto my image and since I knew I wanted the wing to hang over, marked along the inside of the die at this point. Then, cut out just the tip of the wing until the pencil line is reached. Now this wing tip can be laid on top of the die, with the remainder of the paper to be cut underneath the die, and cut in your cutting machine according to how you stack for die cutting!     Easy Peasy!
 The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Dahlia XL.


Thanks for sticking by for so long! I have a Copic marker color list for you: The cone flower is R56, RV34, RV32, R81; E89, E84, E30, E55. The other flower is BV08, RV69, RV66; BG09, YG67, YG23. The butterfly is Black, R17, YR68, Y38 and white Sharpie XF paint pen.
Thanks for checking out my card!
Jeannean
p.s. Here's how I colored up the image the last time I colored it up!

4 comments:

  1. ACK!!! Oh my word... I love this! The butterfly popped out is AWESOME not to mention your coloring. Totally awesome and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Stacy, this one is my favorite too! I'm over the moon about it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This is just a beauty! The dimension on that butterfly is amazing! Thanks for another gorgeous card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete